Deceased beneficiaries, minors, and adults who have been deemed legally incompetent add a significant level of complexity to resolving mass tort claims. ARCHER’s thorough knowledge of state-specific probate court requirements and extensive network of local counsel offer a proactive approach to facilitating court approval.
- Small Estate Affidavit Coordination & Family Settlement Agreements: We provide the necessary documentation, confirm the local filing requirements, and provide detailed instructions on how to properly handle the filing. In most circumstances, this approach mitigates the cost and eliminates the need for local counsel.
- Small Estate Coordination: When local counsel is required to gain court approval for small estates, our nationwide network of top probate attorneys is ready to act. ARCHER matches claimants with experienced local counsel at no upfront cost. Instead, payment is made directly from the settlement fund.
- Full Probate Coordination: In some instances, more comprehensive assistance may be required. Full probate coordination is typically necessary for larger estates, smaller estates as required by some jurisdictions, and for cases in which hostile family environments exist. ARCHER’s team mitigates costs by providing individual case evaluation and efficiently coordinates the resolution of probate issues with expert local counsel.
Minor Claimant Approvals, Guardianships & Incapacitated Adult Guardian/Conservator Appointments
- Guardianship for Minors and Incapacitated Adults: ARCHER coordinates with local counsel and family to complete the appointment of a guardian ad litem for the minor or incapacitated adult claimant.
- Probate for Minors and Incapacitated Adults: When an estate needs to be probated, we coordinate with ARCHER’s strategic network of local counsel and skilled settlement planners to ensure accurate, expedient resolution with a close eye on the long-term welfare of the injured party or beneficiary.